Moving an office-regardless of its size-is costly and requires a substantial amount of pre-planning. As important because it is to properly pack equipment, furniture, records, and other things, it’s only as imperative to hire a respected office mover to make certain everything is securely utilized in the brand new location. Selecting the wrong office mover can pave the way in which for liability risks, lost and stolen information, and even business closures.
Mini-storage services are a growing trend in office moving. These companies place office items within their mini-storage facilities and claim that business owners helps you to save on costs associated with traditional moving and storage. But businesses should beware. A mini-storage company does not need the same insurance protection as a professional office mover. Furthermore, mini-storage services can auction a company’s items if it does not pay its bills on time-and it’s legal for them to do so.
Needless to say, mini-storage office movers are a few of the more unprofessional services available. Since they’re not held to the same codes as traditional movers or storage facilities, an organization can get to risk a large number of dollars and open the entranceway to lawsuits in the future. Most mini-storage services exhibit warning signs which they aren’t a trustworthy office mover, including:
• Using rental trucks rather than company-owned vehicles
• Not being registered with the Better Business Bureau
• Using cellular phones rather than landlines to conduct business
• Using P.O. boxes rather than physical addresses
• Having bad customer reviews or ratings online
Mini-storage companies are notorious for creating shop and then bolting unexpectedly. Despite lawsuits they’re recognized to pop-up under different names and business licenses. They use exceptionally low prices to reel within their customers, that ought to be a clear warning sign to businesses looking to hire a company Business Mover.
Selecting a Reputable Office Mover
You will find office movers available who worry about their customers and reputation. They don’t lowball bids and prices merely to attract business. Instead, they focus on the reputation for providing exemplary service to attract new customers. When searching for a trustworthy office mover, search for firms that:
• Offer competitive, reasonable bids. Estimates must have line items with specific cost details.
• Arrived at your place of business, survey your workplace, and give you an exact quote based on what is seen. Don’t hire a company mover that provides quotes over the device based simply on your own square footage.
• Perform background checks on all of their employees, including temporary or part-time workers. You may well be surprised by the amount of firms that don’t do background checks only to find out later which they hired a convicted criminal.
• Have insurance, licensing, and bonding.
• Are registered with the Better Business Bureau and have positive feedback and reviews online.
• Use branded company vehicles and storage facilities.
• Have a landline, physical address, and references from past customers.
Reputable office movers lower your company’s threat of liability. These companies are insured and can absorb liability issues if important records or office furniture become damaged during the move. Although they’re rare, hiring a hybrid office mover and records management company is the better solution to approach any. These companies offer the latest technology and secure transfer techniques which are in compliance with state and federal regulations. This ensures your company’s mission critical information and customer data is protected, and reduces your litigation risks and liabilities if you are moving your office.
Scott McNelley may be the CEO of Admiral Movers and Admiral Records Management. Called the elite residential and commercial moving company in Montgomery, Alabama, Admiral Movers specializes in total office move management. Admiral Records Management is Montgomery’s leading expert in secure chain of custody and records transfer, shredding, scanning, and document storage. Together, Admiral Movers and Admiral Records Management provide organizations with comprehensive move management solutions that not merely include moving physical assets, but also the sensitive information that must be diligently protected during a company move to eliminate client liability and prevent data breaches.